sobota, 1 listopada 2014

Salvadorian Paradise

A few years ago I had this amazing opportunity of visiting one of the most beautiful places in the world - Latin America. Before my arrival to the San Salvador’s airport I was full of fears. I was going to face a completely new place, new climate, culture. But the moment I stepped out of the plane, all of my concerns disappeared.
The airport as well as the city centre was teeming with life. It was a vivid mixture of colors, smells and sounds. After I took my luggage and went out on a street I felt like I was on the other, better, happier planet. The air was hot and humid so the atmosphere was very lazy but enjoyable. The palm trees which leaves were waving melancholically on the warm wind grew everywhere. Agaves, yuccas, cactuses and other tropical plants could be found on every square of the city. The vivid green color made my eyes more and more fascinated with the magic of the nature. The pavements were decorated with the motives of local culture, the aztecs’ and mayas’ gods or scenes from everyday life of a traditional latin family.
As I went through the capital of the small El Salvador I couldn’t believe that there was very few tourists and such a bewilderingly beautiful country is almost forgotten. On my way to the Old Town I was flooded with the mixture of different smells. One of the small bars situated close to the road was emitting a wonderful aroma of spices, fresh vegetables and hot, hand-made tortillas. Seduced by the charm of the fragrances I couldn’t stop myself from taking a look inside. There, again, I was deluged by colors and smells. There was a huge amount of food of all kinds: fresh octopuses and sea fruits, colorful vegetables, traditional fritters called ’pupusas’, flavored and spicy dishes.
Going through the Salvadorian streets one thing caught my attention – buses. Each and every one of them was completely different. They were masterpieces painted colorfully and awakening the imagination of their viewers. Each of them seemed to have it’s own character and story and looked like the ones shown in cartoons or tales. These buses were full of happy people who saw no problem in the extreme way of conducing of a bus driver.
On the Old Town the sounds and enthusiasm of people were playing the main role. The most staggering thing to observe were the inhabitants who didn’t feel ashamed to enjoy the omnipresent sounds of different salsa songs. The place was full of dancing people, laughter of kids and adults who were having fun with each other. Those who were not dancing, were talking loudly, drinking cold coca-cola or eating ice-cream. That view made my heart beat faster and faster from happiness.
The optimism of the atmosphere caused by a mixture of colors, characters, sounds and smells made the place devastatingly beautiful and one of a kind. The joy of life is there to be found on every street corner. The city of San Salvador surely is one of the most stunning and undamaged by tourism place in the world.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz